BSIC is a financial institution created by the community of the Sahel Sahara States, otherwise known as (CEN-SAD). CEN-SAD is made up of 28 countries including; Libya, Sudan, Benin, Burkina Faso, Central African Republic, Cote d'Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Mali, Niger, Senegal, Chad and Togo where BSIC currently has affiliates.
The BSIC Group was formed pursuant to a convention signed in Tripoli by the Heads of States of the CEN-SAD community on April 14, 1999. The main objective of the Group is to remove the geographic and language barriers between CEN-SAD member states by promoting intra-regional trade and investment in Africa.
FINANCIAL STRENGTH OF BSIC GROUP
The BSIC Group has a stated capital of 500 Million Euros. The shareholders of the Group are the various member States of CEN-SAD. The Group aims to mobilize financial resources from all over the world and channel them to the productive sectors of the economies of member states.
Profits from the Group's operations are ploughed back to support developments in the member countries.
SAHEL-SAHARA BANK (BSIC GH. LTD)
As a subsidiary of the Group, BSIC (Ghana) Limited started its operations as a licensed universal bank, under the trading name 'Sahel-Sahara Bank' on March 25, 2008. The Bank currently has 17 branches in 6 out of the 10 regions of Ghana and plans to cover all the 10 regions in the coming years.
Our Core Values
We have 9 values, 1 vision in a “2335” initiative of;
- Building a Bank that will deliver acceptable Shareholder value
- Ensuring Customer centred culturethrough the establishment of customer service standards
- Establishing a selling culturethat nurtures high performance sales team.
- Reinforcing a performance- based culture in our staff, underpinned by appropriate motivational packages & development programmes, with clear links between actual performance and end- of- year compensation.
- Acting at all times with sense of competitive urgency.
- Upholding high integrityin all our dealings with stakeholders
- Ensuring Team work.
- Improving on our Risk Management environment and capability to achieve operational excellence (reducing NPL and incidence of fraud & ensuring full compliance)
- Developing a Cost Conscious mindset throughout the Bank.
Why you should bank with Sahel- Sahara Bank
- We have affiliates in 14 African countries, offering a platform to do business wherever you find yourself in any of these countries.
- We are a socially responsible bank, interested in giving back to the community what we have earned.
- We are partners in national development
- We are people- centered
- We offer our customers first class banking services
- We do not charge Cost of Turnover (COT)
- We promote trade and investments in Africa
- We are interested in developing the human resource capacity of our employees
- We are an African Bank
Base Rate: (1)
- Base Rate » 28.28